My Goats Like To Travel 1 My Goats Like To Travel 1

A great movie.

The goats are cute, and the drawing style is unique yet interesting. It is a bit slow-paced at times but it's overall very well put together.

G-Switch G-Switch

And the understatement award of the month goes to:

This game is a bit tricky.

In all seriousness, however, this is an amazingly good game and the gravity switching is innovative.

Emmaus Emmaus

Really nice, really interesting piece. The obscured vocals and the erratic rhythms combined to make a wonderfully hazy and unique atmosphere, which in my mind struck a perfect balance--it sounded neither rigidly controlled nor sloppy. The sounds you chose were all really well-suited and tasteful--I particularly enjoyed the drums (there were some seriously complex beats hiding here!) and the bass that came in at 2:13.

The fact the piece was almost entirely consonant made the occasional "off" note seem very jarring (for example, in the little cluster at 0:14, or the grace note at 1:50). This didn't happen a lot, but it really stuck out when it did. I think the piece might have been better either if you had removed the dissonances entirely, or if you had included more of them to make it seem less unusual.

However, I don't have any more criticism to give. This was just a really pleasant, slightly off-kilter piece. Good work!

Identity: Crisis Identity: Crisis

I liked the drumbeat, but I think a greater variety of beats would have given the piece more energy.

I really liked the bell-like sound in the opening section and throughout; it made for a good contrast with the grimier background.

That sound at 2:13 was really cool! How did you make it?

I thought the bit starting at 1:38 was nice, especially the twanging lead sound, but I found the orch-hits really offputting--they came across as kind of cheesy and stuck out in an odd way.

Similarly, I wasn't thrilled by the use of strings in the second half of the piece. I thought the sort of cinematic tone they had diluted the industrial atmosphere, and that a more mechanical, synthetic sound would have worked better. The synthesized sounds were really good; they added a lot of texture and helped carry the piece.

Structurally, the piece felt a bit sprawling and overlong, but the transitions between sections were really fluid.

Overall, your production here was very polished, but I felt that the composition could have been more interesting.

Adhenoid responds:

Since I started making electronic music, my problem is always "repetition" and it seems this track has it too even though I have tried my best not to repeat many parts too much, but well I guess I still have to learn a lot haha.

That sound at 2:13 was made through MAGIC :P (I am fond of it too)

The strings that came after the first drop were actually built for thematic purpose. This track is a part of a series which combine both industrial and orchestral aspects, along with unique genre blending for each piece; for example it was industrial+orchestral+breaks for the first episode and industrial+orchestral+dubstep for this one. But yeah, I got your point, thanks! :D

And finally, thank you for writing a VERY helpful review, kind sir! I really appreciate your effort making such long comments :D

Cheers!!

Main Title Main Title

This seems like it would work well as a main title theme. It's got a sense of building anticipation that worked really well, and although the instrumentation was sparse, it filled out the space just enough. I kept expecting a chord change, which never came, and made the piece feel a bit rambling. However, having the bass drone in the background could be more fitting for the piece's intended purpose.